Saturday, November 21, 2009

Hello!!!

I started this blog in an attempt to start discussions regarding health related issues primarily regarding exercise and diet because those are my two passions, besides being a mommy and wife of course!!! I have just begun training for my first ironman triathalon and in doing so have been doing a lot of research on diet and exercise and hope to share that information with all of you as well as I hope to learn something for you all in the process. I hope that you share in my journey and we can all learn more together!
I would like to start by saying that I have been a vegetarian for about 6 months now and have noticed a huge difference in myself and my energy level! I have tried to be as vegan as possible but love my cheese and baked goods, trying my darnest to snap out of that habit! I really can say that I notice a difference when I am eating vegan but those devilish baked goods just call my name!
I also have stopped drinking as much diet soda and have banned artificial sweetners which I used to use obsessively! I still treat my self to a diet coke here and there but drink MUCH less than before and also feel much better for it!
I am trying to limit my bread intake but am finding so much conflicting evidence regarding consumption of grains and whether or not there are health benefits, much more on this to come!!!
Anyways the first blog that I would like to bring to your attention is VO2 maxed http://vo2maxxed.blogspot.com/ this blog has been a plethera of knowledge for me, they don't eat vegtarian but do have alot of great recipes and ideas, and also have been great links that have I have found fascinating! Check it out, let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment